Stéphane A. MonPremier was born in Québec City and was raised in Ottawa. In 1997 he graduated Magna Cumlaude from the University of Ottawa with a bachelor in sociology. He then went onto to Law School at the University of Ottawa (French Common Law Program), where he graduated Cum Laude in 2000. Throughout his studies, Stéphane was active in his community. He volunteered at the Madonna Nursing Home, with Phoenix for Young Offenders and was involved in local politics. Following law school, Stéphane set his sails to Bay Street in Toronto, where he worked with a national corporate law firm. In February of 2002 Stéphane opened his own law practice in downtown Ottawa where he began practicing in association with a group of eleven other lawyers. His practice is focused on family law litigation, and wills/estates law. In addition to his devotion to his family and law practice, Stéphane continues to be an active member in his community. Stéphane is:
- A judge at the University of Ottawa French Common Law faculty moot court (2008-present);
- Founding president of the Canadian Association of Black Lawyers – Ottawa Chapter (2017-present);
- Co-founder and Director of Lou Dickenson Elite Performance Hockey (2017-present);
- Guest lecturer at the University of Ottawa Civil Law faculty (2013-present);
- Director, “Fondation des écoles catholiques du centre-est” (2013-2015);
- Guest host on CHUO 89.1 FM Community Radio Station (2014-present);
- Legal Aid Ontario, special duty counsel mediator (2013-present);
- Founding member and Director of the Canado-Haitian Lawyers Association (2010-2013);
- Founding President of the Portobello South Community Development Association, and current Director (2008-present);
- Member of the County of Carleton Law Association (CCLA) (2002-present);
- Member of The Law Society of Upper Canada (LSUC) (2002-present);
- Member of the Alternate Dispute Resolution Institute of Canada (ADRIC), and of Ontario (ADRIO) (2015-present);
- Associate member of the Ontario Association for Family Mediation (OAFM) (2015-present); &,
- A devoted husband and father.
Stéphane is proud to practice law in both official languages.